New Technology and Clinical Practice that have been Reclassified to become Standard Practice
At the end of a two-year monitoring period, technologies and clinical practices may be considered by the TCPC to be reclassified to become standard practice at Monash Health.
Technology and clinical practices that have been reclassified to become standard practice are:
- Lucas 2 external chest compression system
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy for renal tract stones
- Drug eluting stents and balloons
- Endovenous Laser Therapy for Varicose Veins (ELVT)
- Sacral Nerve Modulation - Urogynaecology
- Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography - Tandem Mass Spectrometry (UPLC)
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Thoracotomy and repair of oesophageal atresia
- Direct peroral cholangioscopy (Spyglass)
Technologies and decision summaries listed prior to 2013 are available upon request from the Executive Officer.