What should I know about my medicines?
Below is a list of questions you may wish to ask you pharmacist and/or doctor with regards to new and old medicines that have been prescribed for you:
- the name of the medicine
- the purpose of the medicine
- how and when to take the medicine
- any possible side effects
- any foods, drinks and/or medicines that need to be avoided whilst taking the medicine
- any actions to avoid whilst taking the medicine e.g. driving, operating machinery
- any additional advice about the medicine
If you experience any unexpected or troublesome side effects, especially if the medicine is new, or if you have concerns about any of your medicines, please let your nurse, doctor and/or pharmacist know.
Consumer medicine information (CMI) leaflets and other information sheets are available from the pharmacy department. Ask your pharmacist if you would like information on any medicines you are taking.