**please note this page is under construction and is subject to frequent changes**
The Monash Health Gender Clinic aims to assist the trans and gender diverse community through:
- Conducting specialist mental health assessments relevant to gender dysphoria in accordance with international guidelines (World Professional Association for Transgender Health Standards of Care v7).
- Referring where appropriate to experienced private or public clinicians who are able to assist with hormone therapy, surgery, psychotherapy or voice therapy.
- Providing ongoing mental health support during an individual’s gender transition
- conducting multidisciplinary meetings to co-ordinate care for clients.
Please be advised that Gender Clinic is not an emergency response service, should urgent action be required please contact your local Psychiatric Triage Service.
Gender Clinic currently has a wait list system but if you prefer a quicker response you may wish to be seen privately, for an list of private providers go to the following page: http://www.anzpath.org/about/service-providers/victoria/ or alternatively you can click on this link List of Private Providers
The First Step
Access to specialist assessments is available publicly or privately. If you are interested in attending the Monash Health Gender Clinic (at no cost to you, but with a longer waitlist) please provide the following:
- a referral from a medical doctor (preferably your GP)
- complete the General Information Form found at the end of the Information Pack
You can either email to Gender Clinic
or by post:
352 South Road
Hampton East Victoria 3188
Phone: (03) 9556 5216
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the clinic between Monday and Friday 9am to 5pm.
Click on the following link to find out more: GDC Info Pack