Young Adults Transition Service
The Young Adults Transition Service (YATS) at Monash Health aims to assist young adults with complex medical needs or developmental disabilities to transition from paediatric to adult healthcare services.
YATS takes a holistic approach and considers health, physical, psychosocial, vocational and educational needs when planning a transition for the individual. YATS also has a highly skilled Wheelchair and Seating Clinic which runs weekly.
- Young adults aged between 16-25 year
- Clients with complex medical needs or developmental disability who require a coordinated transition to adult services
- Clients who require specialised assessment or intervention from 2 or more allied health professionals
- Young adults living in Victoria are eligible.
Nil cost to client
Referrals can be posted or emailed to:
- Medical referral letter including:
- comprehensive patient history
- outstanding medical issues
- overview of clients current function
- goals for transition
- GP Contact details
- Allied health clinicians may initiate referrals; however a medical letter is also required